CONSTRUCTION WORK SAFETY
This module covers the following:
- the most common hazards and risks in general construction;
- what you can do to prevent these risks injuring someone or making them ill; and
- broad safe work principles.
This module focuses specifically on safety elements for general construction activities, therefore it does not cover all aspects of construction or site specific requirements.
This module focuses on the following general risks and hazards:
- Manual handling and how to prevent manual handling injuries
- Working at Heights
- Passive Fall Prevention controls
- First Aid and First Aid Response
- Managing Mobile Plant in a Construction environment
- On site Emergency Response and evacuation procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Skin Protection and Sun (UV)
- Licenced, Ticketed and Certificated work
- Electrical Hazards and Residual Current Devices (RCD)
- Working with power tools and electrical equipment
- Permit Work (Confined spaces, Hot and cold work)
- Workplace stress, including a definition, common causes, how to identify and manage workplace stress and some helpful tips.