FOOD HANDLING SAFETY
The Food Safety Induction Module will give the participant the basic principles of Food Safety and Food Hygiene.
The major factors in mishandling food are:
- Incorrect food storage, leading to cross-contamination;
- Inadequate temperature control;
- Preparing food several hours before a meal and leaving it unprotected;
- Inadequate hand washing procedures;
- Not using disposable gloves or sanitised utensils for handling ready-to-eat foods.
The Food Safety Induction Module will focus on these key areas:
- Food storage & temperature Control
- Personal hygiene, including hand washing
- Use of disposable gloves
- Waste management
- Reporting hazards & incidents
- Workplace inspections