This module is designed to provide those specialists working in a broad range of ‘Human Services’ sector roles with a relevant work health and safety module to make them aware of the inherent risks and hazards specific to their environment and how to manage those risks.
The topics covered include:
- Common Workplace Hazards as a Human Services worker
- Emergency Management
- Manual Handling
- Infection Control, including hand washing and gloves
- Cleaning blood and other bodily fluids
- Dealing with Aggressive Behaviours and Occupational Violence Plans
- Working Alone
- Discrimination, harassment and bullying
- Workplace stress, including a definition, common causes, how to identify and manage workplace stress and some helpful tips.